八、Seeing A Doctor 看医生
556. What‘s your trouble?你有什么不舒服?
557. How long have you had it?你得这病多久了?
558. I should say you‘ve caught a cold. 我看你感冒了。
559. You need an injection. 你需要打针。
560. Is it serious?我的病严重吗?
561. Do I need to be hospitalized?我需要住院吗?
562. Have you seen the tor?你看过医生了吗?
563. What did the tor say?医生怎么说?
564. Jack is up and about now. 杰克病后复原了。
565. The tor says that I should take quinine. 医生说我应该服用奎宁。
566. What sort of medicine do you take?你吃的是什么药?
567. The tor says that I should not eat anything oily. 医生说我不能吃油腻的东西。
568. I had a shot of penicillin. 我打了一针青霉素。
569. You have to be operated on. 你得做手术。
570. He gave me a chest X-ray and took my blood pressure. 他给我做了X光胸透并量了血压。
九、Making A Phonecall 打电话
571. Hello. May I speak to Mr. Green?你好,我找格林先生。
572. Just a moment. 等一会儿。
573. Hold on. 等一会儿。
574. He‘s not in. May I take a message for him?他不在,我能替他捎个口信吗?
575. Yes,please. 是的,麻烦了。
576. Would you answer the phone please?你能接下电话吗?
577. I want to make a long distance call. 我想打个长途电话。
578. This is Mary Speaking. 我是玛丽。
579. Would you tell Mr. Green that I called?你能告诉格林先生我给他打了个电话吗?
580. I must have dialed a wrong number. 我一定拨错号了。
581. I couldn‘t get through. 我打不通。
582. I have to hang up now. 我得挂电话了。
583. Would you call back tomorrow?你能明天回个电话吗?
584. There‘s something wrong with the phone. 电话出了点儿毛病。
585. I tried to call you, but the line was busy. 我试着给你打电话,但老占线。
十、About Mail 关于邮政
586. I have received a letter from my cousin. 我收到了我表兄的信。
587. I haven‘t heard from him for a long time. 我很久没有收到他的信了。
588. Send a postcard to me when you arrive in Shanghai. 你到上海以后给我发张明信片。
589. I put some photographs in the envelope. 我在信里夹了几张照片。
590. He hasn‘t answered my letter yet. 他还没有给我回信。
591. My mother mailed me a parcel. 我妈给我寄了一个包裹。
592. We keep in touch with each other by Email since he left China. 他离开中国以后,我们用Email保持联系。
593. Don‘t forget to put stamps on your letter. 别忘了贴邮票。
594. How long does it take for a letter to get to America from Beijing?信从北京到美国要多久?
595. You‘ve got an express mail. 你有特快专递。
596. To make it fast,you can send a fax. 要想快点的话就发个传真。
597. My mother has sent me a registered letter,I guess she has something important to tell me.
我妈给我发了一封挂号信,我想她有什么重要的事情要说。
598. I find my name on the blackboard. I must have got a remittance.
我在黑板上看到我的名字,肯定有我的汇款。
599. Do you want to airmail it or not?你想发信吗?
600. I drop the letter into the mailbox in front of the Post Office. 我把信塞进邮局前面的邮筒里。