英汉成语大比拼
2010-08-15 01:25:38   来源:妙语如珠   评论:0 点击:

* Great minds think alike 英雄所见略同 我看到很多网站上写great men think alike, 这和中文成语的意思就相近了。可不是正确的说法。 ex: We both think Bush is an idiot. Great minds think alike. 我们都认为布什是个笨蛋。真是英雄所见略同。 * Out of the frying pan and into the fire 才出虎

  *  Great minds think alike   
  英雄所见略同
  我看到很多网站上写great men think alike, 这和中文成语的意思就相近了。可不是正确的说法。
  ex: We both think Bush is an idiot. Great minds think alike. 我们都认为布什是个笨蛋。真是英雄所见略同。

  * Out of the frying pan and into the fire  
  才出虎穴,又入狼窝
  ex: I thought Mike was my better half. I was totally wrong. He is even worse than my ex-boyfriend. I'm out of the frying pan and into the fire.  我以为Mike会是我的另一半,我完全错了。他比我的前男友还要糟。我是才出虎穴,又入狼窝。

  * Add fuel to the fire  
  火上浇油
  ex: I'd like to help, but I don't want to add fuel to the fire.  我很想帮忙,但怕是火上浇油啊。

  * Blood is thicker than water 
  血浓于水
  ex: Mike and Lucy are having a fight. Lucy is my sister. Mike, my buddy friend, I have to be on her side. Blood is thicker than water.  Mike和Lucy吵架。Lucy是我妹妹,Mike老兄,我得站在她这边。血浓于水啊。

  * Cry over spilled milk  
  覆水难收
  ex: Come on, you broke up with her. It's too late to get her back. She's getting married. Don't cry over spilled milk。
  行了,你先跟她分的手。现在要和她复合已经晚了。覆水难收啊。

  * On pins and needles 
  如坐针毡
  ex: I'm so nervous about this interview. I'm on pins and needles. 我好紧张这次面试啊。我简直如坐针毡。

  * When in Rome, do as the Romans do. 
  入乡随俗
  这个大家太了解了,就不解释了。

  * look for a needle in a haystack 
  大海捞针
  注意,这个针不是在大海里,而是在草堆里。
  ex: Are you looking for a needle in a haystack? It's not gonna work. She's disappeared.  你这不是在大海捞针么,行不通的。她消失了。

  * Don't judge a book by its cover 
  人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
  ex: He always drives an old car and wears clothes with patches.  You can't tell he is the richest man in the town by his appearance. Don't judge a book by its cover.   他总是开一辆破车,穿着打补丁的衣服。从外表上你看不出来他是这儿最有钱的人吧。人不可貌相,海水不可斗量。

相关热词搜索:比拼 成语 英汉

上一篇:英语如此搞笑,翻译如此残暴
下一篇:甜言蜜语:实用推荐十大英文爱情短信

分享到: 收藏
评论排行
频道总排行
频道本月排行