汉语英语成语之间大比拼
Great minds think alike 英雄所见略同 我看到很多网站上写great men think alike, 这和中文成语的意思就相近了。可不是正确的说法。 ex: We both think Bush is an idiot. Great minds think alike. 我们都认为布什是个笨蛋。真是英雄所见略同。 Out of the frying pan
- Great minds think alike 英雄所见略同
我看到很多网站上写great men think alike, 这和中文成语的意思就相近了。可不是正确的说法。
ex: We both think Bush is an idiot. Great minds think alike. 我们都认为布什是个笨蛋。真是英雄所见略同。
- Out of the frying pan and into the fire 才出虎穴,又入狼窝
ex: I thought Mike was my better half. I was totally wrong. He is even worse than my ex-boyfriend. I'm out of the frying pan and into the fire. 我以为Mike会是我的另一半,我完全错了。他比我的前男友还要糟。我是才出虎穴,又入狼窝。
- Add fuel to the fire 火上浇油
ex: I'd like to help, but I don't want to add fuel to the fire. 我很想帮忙,但怕是火上浇油啊。
- Blood is thicker than water 血浓于水
ex: Mike and Lucy are having a fight. Lucy is my sister. Mike, my buddy friend, I have to be on her side. Blood is thicker than water. Mike和Lucy吵架。Lucy是我妹妹,Mike老兄,我得站在她这边。血浓于水啊。
- Cry over spilled milk 覆水难收
ex: Come on, you broke up with her. It's too late to get her back. She's getting married. Don't cry over spilled milk。
行了,你先跟她分的手。现在要和她复合已经晚了。覆水难收啊。
- On pins and needles 如坐针毡
ex: I'm so nervous about this interview. I'm on pins and needles. 我好紧张这次面试啊。我简直如坐针毡。
- When in Rome, do as the Romans do. 入乡随俗
这个大家太了解了,就不解释了。
- look for a needle in a haystack 大海捞针
注意,这个针不是在大海里,而是在草堆里。
ex: Are you looking for a needle in a haystack? It's not gonna work. She's disappeared. 你这不是在大海捞针么,行不通的。她消失了。
- Don't judge a book by its cover 人不可貌相,海水不可斗量
ex: He always drives an old car and wears clothes with patches. You can't tell he is the richest man in the town by his appearance. Don't judge a book by its cover. 他总是开一辆破车,穿着打补丁的衣服。从外表上你看不出来他是这儿最有钱的人吧。人不可貌相,海水不可斗量。
liuxuepaper.com
- “汉语英语成语之间大比拼”一文包含以下关键字,请点击获取相关文章
-
------分隔线----------------------------
------分隔线----------------------------